Monday 2 June 2008

Spice Girls - Halliwell Ashamed Of Poor Past

SPICE GIRLS star GERI HALLIWELL was ashamed of her "humble background" when she was at school - insisting she was bullied over her family's financial situation.

The singer, who grew up in Hertfordshire, England, admits she was "embarrassed" that her family were not wealthy and claims she was treated badly by her fellow schoolmates because of it.

She says, "There was a girl at school who threatened to throw me over the railway tracks. I maybe didn't' think of myself as a misfit but I came from a humble background.

"My parents didn't have much money and my Dad would drop me off in this old Mazda car. It was really old and I'd feel a little embarrassed.

"Your whole world at that age is based on those stupid things and if anything's different you think, 'Shame.'"




See Also